Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dean Day!

Not many photos taken today because most of the day was spent driving from Humboldt County to Sonoma County California.  The light was so pretty this morning we took a detour through the Redwoods again.  Justin & I grew quite fond of the Redwoods in a way we just can't explain.  Here's me with a tree again... I have a lot of these photos.  

You might be wondering why the title of this post is "Dean Day!" ... well, Justin & I have coined it "Dean Day" because most of our activities for the day were given to us as a wedding present by one of our bosses at work, Dean.  First we went to the Jordan wineries and had a tasting of some fantastic wines.  It was quite an experience and we are very thankful to have had it.

(Jordan Winery)

This is a photo of our room at the Beltane Ranch.  I am so in love with this place I'd probably live here.  It's a super old ranch and it's amazingly beautiful.  It has a huge wrap around porch & tonight we're spending the evening on our porch drinking a bottle of wine.  Jealous?  You should be!
We ended our "Dean Day" with dinner at Martini House in Napa County.  Let me tell you, it was such a fantastic experience.  They sat us outside in a private romantic little spot & spoiled us to death with delicious food & amazing service.  We even took home a copy of our menu, autographed by the chef.  Thank you SO MUCH Dean... it was such a fantastic day.  I don't think I've said fantastic enough.  We both ordered the "mushroom tasting", a 4 course meal in which every course featured a mushroom.  SO GOOD!  We loved it.  

Thank You Dean for "Dean Day"!

No comments: